We're All In This Together
March 25, 2021
Dear ERESC Stakeholders,
As we continue to navigate the current health crisis, we are pleased to announce that we are well underway with planning efforts to reopen ERESC schools and Central Office. The Commission’s Pandemic Response Team along with reopening subcommittee members has worked diligently on the formulation of a plan allowing for the safe return of our students and staff to an in-person model supported by acceptable health and safety resources and detailed protocols and procedures. As of today, the planned reopening dates are as follows:
· All ERESC Schools’ staff will resume with in-person reporting for duty on April 19, 2021;
· All ERESC Schools’ students will return to a hybrid version of in-person instruction beginning April 26, 2021; and
· Central Office staff previously inactive or assigned to “remote-only” activity will return to in-person assignments effective April 19, 2021. Staffers will be assigned to Group A (Mondays/Wednesdays) or Group B (Tuesdays/Thursdays) while everyone will work remotely on Fridays.
Be advised that there is a prerequisite requirement for returning staff. Staff members assigned to Central Office and/or ERESC schools will be deemed eligible for return to an in-person assignment only after securing and submitting to email@example.com a negative PCR COVID-19 test result. The established testing window, which must be observed by all staff excluding those assigned to non-public assignments, is April 8th – April 18th. The testing window dates are non-negotiable.
In an effort to observe CDC recommendations regarding physical distancing requirements, we will employ strategies to ensure compliance in this area. To that end, we will ensure that our class sizes allow for a minimum distance of six feet for all students regardless of grades or ages. Specifics regarding the schools’ schedules are as follows:
· EJA middle grades (6-8) and ECA/EHS high school students (9-12) will follow a hybrid in-person model with two separate cohorts attending on either Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays from 8:20 am – 1:00 pm:
· EJA elementary grades (K-5) will attend in-person Monday – Friday from 8:20 am – 1:00 pm;
· Sojourn High School students will attend in-person classes Mondays – Thursdays as members of four daily cohorts.They will also begin the school day at 8:20 am and conclude at 1:00 pm;
· Breakfast and lunch will be served in each cohort’s assigned classroom; and
· All staff members will remain at their assigned locations after the 1:00 pm dismissal. The focus for staff from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm will be on synchronous/asynchronous online assistance for cohorts attending virtually and/or other duties/responsiblities in keeping with their job descriptions.
In addition to this announcement, staff members will receive further details regarding health/safety protocols, PPE supplies, and efforts aimed at preparing the work/learning environments for a safe and successful return. Detailed information will be provided during Zoom sessions to be scheduled during the week of March 29, 2021.
In closing, we are extremely grateful for your commitment and demonstrated professionalism during a very difficult period. As we continue working together to ensure maximum success and achievement for our students, I want to thank you in advance for all that you do to put our scholars first.
Yours in education,
Laurie W. Newell
Dr. Laurie W. Newell